With all Mindoro wishing
He'll do it every time!

Source: Singing Together, Spring 1976, BBC Publications

Notes:

Words by John Emlyn Edwards.

isobel6174@aol.com

(guest)
Posted - 24 Jan 08 - 08:43 pm

I'd really like the school choir that i run to sing this at our local choral festival, but my friend, the pianist, needs the chords... Any idea what they are/ where I might get them please?

masato sakurai

Posted - 25 Jan 08 - 02:22 am

The name of the island is "Mindoro."

dmcg

Posted - 26 Jan 08 - 12:56 pm

Thanks, I've fixed it in the database. 

(I hope to get round to putting some more in tomorrow afternoon - no promises!)

Emmanuel_dele@hotmail.com

(guest)
Posted - 13 Aug 09 - 06:38 am

when was Quinoro's pearl composed? and was it in a classroom singing book? and what was the name of the book? I'd like to find a copy if it still exists. one more request. please can we have a recorded version, say on youtube or something as I'm not an instrumentalists. thanks, enough said.

Jon Freeman

Posted - 13 Aug 09 - 10:16 am

when was Quinoro's pearl composed? and was it in a classroom singing book? and what was the name of the book? I'd like to find a copy if it still exists. one more request. please can we have a recorded version, say on youtube or something as I'm not an instrumentalists. thanks, enough said.
I don't know when it was composed. Singing Together credit it to John Emlyn Edwards.  A Google search turns up an author of this name who seems to write childrens' books.  (see here ). I'm not sure if this is the same person but my guess is that is it is.

Singing Together was (is?) a long running BBC radio broadcast for schools. They introduced a small set of songs each school term.  These were available in printed forms.  There were pupil's pamphlets (which we have used) and, I believe, more detailed teachers copies. Either may turn up at ebay. There was also at least one larger Singing Together song book I remember from school.

I can't help you with a recording but we do offer a midi of the song so you can here how the tune goes.

midi here.

Hallfield junior

(guest)
Posted - 16 Aug 09 - 12:13 am

I'm 41, and remember singing this at primary school (age 7 or so). Couldn't remember the name until I typed in 'Mindoro' into the Folkinfo search engine, and the memory of an irate music teacher trying to get evryone to shut up came back. Visited Mindoro a few years ago, nice place, but a bit off the beaten track even today. I wonder what inspired the composer.

Browse Titles: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W Y Z